As we near the end of summer, movie theaters in Northern Colorado and metro Denver are starting to release their upcoming 2022/23 season lineups and ticket packages.
From spectacular magic and big bands to live musical performances and guest performances, the theater offers a variety of entertainment for all ages.
Lincoln Center in Fort Collins, the Denver Performing Arts Center, and the Cheyenne Civic Center are a 15-minute drive from Greeley and offer entertainment options for all ages, interests, and price points.
Below are some of the shows coming to Fort Collins, Denver and Cheyenne in the next few months.
If you don’t want to drive to Denver or Cheyenne, Lincoln Center in Fort Collins offers a wide range of shows, concerts and talks less than an hour away.
Some of the shows scheduled for the 2022/23 season include:
- Friday, October 7— 20th ArtWear Fashion Show
- Friday, October 14 – Kathleen Madigan: Do You Have a Ranch? Tour
- Friday, November 4 – Whose Soul Anyway? With special guest Drew Carey
- Sunday, November 13 — Flor de Toloache
- Saturday, January 14 — ZUZU African Acrobats
- Wednesday, January 25th – Dreamers: Magos Herrera & Brooklyn Rider @UCA
- Saturday, February 15 — Turns 15 on the road to freedom
- Friday, February 24 — Christian McBride’s New Jaw
- Sunday, March 12 — HYPROV: Improving Hypnosis starring Colin Mochrie and Asad Mecci
- Thursday, March 23 – Nat Geo Live: Secrets of the Whales
- Friday, March 31 – 5 Brown
- Thursday, April 6 – Nat Geo Live: Greenwood – The Age of Sustainability
- Wednesday, April 12 – Borromeo String Quartet at UCA
- Thursday, April 20 – Anastasia
417 W. Magnolia St. The theater at offers various ticket packages as well as single ticket options. Tickets and packages for the 2022/23 season will go on sale on August 10. www.lctix.com.
If you haven’t seen a show at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts, DCPA, it’s definitely worth a visit. Like Lincoln Center, DCPA hosts music, concerts, ballet, and more. offers a variety of entertainment including
Some of the highlights for DCPA’s 2022/23 season include:
- August 2-14 — Pretty Woman: The Musical
- August 30 – September 11 – Hadestown
- August 31-December 18 – Theater of the Mind
- September 7-25 — NEWSical The Musical
- September 30-Nov. 6 – Much ado about nothing
- October 4-9 — Come from afar
- October 25-November. 6- Not Too Proud – Life and Times of Temptations
- 28 Oct-Dec 18— Little Red — New Musical
- November 2-20 — Crown — Live!
- December 10-11 — Mannheim Steamroller
- December 16-18 — Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical
- December 20 – January 1 – Middle Girls
- January 24-February 5 – To Kill a Mockingbird
- February 21-26 — STOMP
- March 31 – May 7 – Purple color
- May 31 – June 4 — Riverdance 25th Anniversary Show
The Denver Center for the Performing Arts consists of several theaters: the Buell Theater, the Ellie Caulkins Opera House, the Garner Gallery Theater, the Jones Theater, the Kilstrom Theater, the Randy Weeks Conservatory Theater, the Singleton Theater, and the Wolf Theater. The center is located at 1400 Curtis St. in downtown Denver.
There are many restaurant and bar options around the center, so visitors are encouraged to arrive early and enjoy a meal before the show or a few cocktails after the show.
The center offers parking, but the garage fills up quickly. Other parking options within walking distance of the DCPA include:
- 1601 Curtis St.
- 1401 Lawrence St.
- 1515 Arapahoe St.
- 1587 Lawrence St.
As with Lincoln Center, the DCPA offers a variety of ticket packages and single ticket options.
For more information on the Denver Center for the Performing Arts, a complete schedule of shows or to purchase tickets, go here. www.denvercenter.org.
To the north, the Cheyenne Civic Center also hosts a variety of shows and events for all ages. The Cheyenne Civic Center is located at 510 W. 20th St and is also less than an hour from Greeley.
Some of the shows coming to the center are:
- Thursday, September 22 — Joe Gatto
- Thursday, October 27 — Tom Segura: I Come Everywhere World Tour
- Friday, October 28 – Wheel of Fortune Live!
- Friday, November 4 — Commodores
- Sunday, November 6 — Chris D’Elia
- Wednesday, November 9 — Blackjacket Symphony
- Saturday, December 3 — The Nutcracker
Ticket prices are based on performance and seat selection.
For more information on Cheyenne Civic Center upcoming shows or to purchase tickets, go here www.cheyennepresents.com.