. Last updated: July 28, 2022
For Honor update 2.37.1 introduces the brand new Egyptian Pharaoh champion Medjay, tweaks the stamina system, and more in the latest patch notes.
Despite being released in 2017, For Honor still has a large number of players regularly logging in to battle it out in multiplayer matches.
In addition, Ubisoft has introduced new characters to For Honor through updates to expand the game’s roster.
For the Honor 2.37.1 patch notes here are details on the new Egyptian Pharaoh hero, Medjay, along with a chance to exit the stability system and various bug fixes.
For Honor Update 2.37.1 patch notes
Medjay wields his fan ax polearm style.
First of all, Patch notes It described the new hero Medjay and provided information about his history as well as his combat abilities and performance.
Medjay’s character difficulty will be “Hard” and will feature a transforming weapon and dual fighting styles.
The Medjay wields a fan ax that can be used both as a polearm that has good cold range and as a pair of dual axes.
Additionally, update 2.37.1 improved the “Out of Stamina” state, as the Stamina pause no longer applies to players in OOS.
Players can look forward to the Medjay hero skin, which shows Nerkha unmasked.
Additionally, stamina now fully refills when getting off balance.
According to the developers, this is because “previously, players in OOS could be forced to stay in that mode until they were killed.”
So with the removal of Stamina Pause in OOS mode, players should now be able to exit OOS more reliably.
Players interested in reading the full patch notes can find them below:
New hero – MEDJAY
When his friend Bolthorn stole the Scarab Bracelet from the Desert Kingdom, Neferka knew what would happen next. He left his homeland to pursue Ryder and followed a trail of waste and death in his heart to Valkenheim. There Neferkha found Bolthorn, a cursed shell of his former self. An epic battle ensued – with Neferkha finally winning her friend over. Instead of killing the Viking, Neferkha spared her life and took the bracelet to remove the curse. After seeing the destruction of this work, Neferkha realized that this jewel belongs to another time and place. Even for himself, the last heir of the pharaohs, it was very dangerous. Medjay left Valkenheim to perhaps begin to heal. He became a mercenary to buy his way back home, where he returned the bracelet to its resting place.
- Difficulty: Hard
- weapon conversion
- Dual fighting styles
- Good melee range in staff mode
- Unique Dual Functional Masterpieces
- Unstoppable infinite chain in Staff mode
- Aggressive and high speed in Axes mode
- Unlike other multi-state heroes, it stays in the current state when hit
Match the end flow
- All post-match screens have been redesigned for improved readability, clearer progress information and less disruptive animations, so access to next match options is faster.
New option: Disable Parry Flash indicator (in Arena and all custom Match game modes)
- Players can now disable the Parry Flash indicator in Arena and during custom matches, which would normally flash at the correct timing for an attack.
- This option appears in Arena under “Arena -> Arena Settings -> Parry Flash Indicator” and in Custom Match under “Custom Game -> Game Mode -> Parry Flash Indicator”.
Developer Comment: Competing players of the Dominion series have been asking for this option for some time. The addition of this option is intended to reduce the efficiency of players with exceptional reaction time and limit certain types of cheats.
We’re specifically adding this as an option only in Custom and Arena games so that competitive play can intentionally remove flash parries to improve the level of offense in their games.
Regular matchmaking games still have Parry Flash to help players get a feel for timing Parry attacks.
Out of Endurance (OOS) state is now less punishable
- Stamina Pause no longer applies to players who are out of Stamina
- Stamina now fully refills when getting out of balance
Developer Comment: Previously, players in OOS could be forced to stay in that mode until they were killed. If your opponent had a quick Dodge Forward Bash attack, they could continuously hit you until your stamina refills, while slowly killing you and limiting your options. By removing the Stamina Pause during OOS, you should be able to exit OOS more reliably, which should be less tiring.
Similarly, we’ve now returned full stamina whenever you get up from an unbalanced state. The goal is that if you’ve been off balance, the opponent should have a good chance to punish, but not more than one. Out-of-Stamina penalties are usually the highest damage penalties available – while we want players to have a chance to take a large penalty when their opponent overextends, the reward can be greater than intended when the opponent is out of Stamina. It remains and may be unbalanced for another major. punish. This change should address that concern and make running out of stamina less frustrating.
Improves targeted actions thrown at a locked target that is evading or has the Stealth feat active
- Targetable Feats are no longer affected by Stealth and should correctly track opponents who have the Stealth feat enabled.
- Targetable Feats now track opponents better, especially grenade-type feats, which can be thrown with a large amount of target.
Developer Comment: We’re changing how Targetable Feats interact with Stealth and Dodging opponents to make feats more consistent.
When the opponent had Stealth active, Targetable Feats would miss when they didn’t feel like they should (i.e. your opponent walked to the side). This makes Feats more consistent in tracking Stealth opponents and Stealth is no longer a hard counter for Targetable Feats.
Similarly, some Targetable feats, such as grenade-type feats, had tracking issues when used against a Dodging opponent, where they landed in unexpected places. With this change, they should land on the opponent as expected, even if they dodge.
Targetable Feats are still dodgeable, but the result of the feats should be more consistent with the intended behavior.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Warlord’s Headsplitter Leap Alternate to be unable to switch targets.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Warlord’s Out of Lock Light Finisher to have the top block (FH-125).
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Warlord to not be able to change his guard after starting Guard Break.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Conqueror feat “Shield Basher” to not have visual feedback on Hit.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Orochi’s camera to shake when doing some side attacks to the left and then a light attack (FH-3665)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Orochi to be unable to track the opponent after Sprint Attack to Top Heavy Finisher to Feint into Guard Break.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Orochi to not be able to change guard after guard break was initiated.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Nobushi Top Heavy from Hidden Stance to have a shorter window than the side windows (FH-1308)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Gladiator’s “Counter Jab” to be usable out of lock
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Berserker “Skilled Slash” to be usable out of lock
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Highlander’s Heavy Openers to be vulnerable to Guard Break for 466 ms instead of the expected 433 ms.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Shaman “Raven’s Bile” and “Raven’s Claw” to allow lateral movement during animation.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Shinobi “Shadow Strike” to be usable outside of lock
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Guard Break vulnerability window to be inconsistent depending on the position of the guard on heavy Aramusha openers. This issue has now been fixed, so Side Heavy Openers now correctly have a 433ms Guard Break vulnerability (FH-3931).
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Aramusha’s “Fury Unleashed” to be uncancellable in Blade Blockade (FH-1913).
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the light opener outside of the Kyoshin lock to be incorrectly vulnerable to guardbreak in the first 300ms. It is now correctly set to 100ms
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Kyoshin Guard Break to play successful sound of Guard Break even if it failed (FH-3818)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the “Walk the Plank” pirate to not feed the correct revenge value
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Shoguki and Aramusha to act as if Rock Steady was active while using the Short Tempered Feat.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Pirate Queen’s second feat “Pocket Bomb” to cause Guardian and Commander to idle for a few seconds.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Lawbringer’s feat “Igneus Imber” to receive an infinite cooldown if interrupted for a certain amount of time (FH-1214).
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused players to fall off the ground near the first Walled City capture point
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where Shaolin Bots were unable to perform Top Light Openers
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Highlander bot to distribute invalid feats (FH-3713)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Relentless Light Finisher and Relentless Shaolin to not validate when the player casts it starting with Light from Top Stance.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Pirate Queen’s advanced tactics to require the player to perform a Dodge Attack instead of a Side Dodge Attack.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Behind This Blue Eyes sound effect to continue playing after the emoticon was interrupted (FH-2473)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Noboshi Ganban rudder to not have a front piece of fabric (part of FH-4010)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Tiandi’s Yi Ru Fan Zhang execution to not have controller sound/vibration on final hit (part of FH-3932)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Kensei Kenka’s arms to get stuck with the shoulder (FH-3879)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused some Black Prior Shields to display the color pattern to the sides (FH-3863)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Orochi Kozane’s chest cloth to have no physics on the alternate body type (FH-3857)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Requiescat not to mess up the hidden blade when running speed (FH-3775)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Orochi Kozane’s helm ribbon to have no physics on the alternate body type (FH-4017)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused two Shaolin weapons to have the same name in German (FH-4020)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where the in-game recommended quality preset was not accurate