If you don’t enjoy the team mode in MultiVersus, you should switch and play 1v1. This may sound strange but the characters designed in this game are meant to complement each other. But it works as a double-edged sword when you get a bad teammate and the opponents are good. This can be really frustrating. Fortunately, you can all go lone wolf and play this game alone. So in this guide, let’s check out how to play 1v1 in MultiVersus in Single Mode, as well as learn to play against friends online and local.
How to play 1v1 in MultiVersus
There are three ways you can play 1v1 in this game, which are:
- Singles mode (against strangers)
- Online against friends
- locally against friends
Here’s how to choose them all.
How to play Singles mode in MultiVersus
- Open MultiVersus And the Press the play button on the main screen.
- Under the Online tabAnd the Choose normal mode.
- The left option in Normal is 1v1, select it.
- Uncheck the other two options This is Teams and Co-op vs. AI.
- finally, Click the Confirm button.
- This should allow you to start matches in singles mode against random players.
How to play 1v1 online against friends
- Press the play button on the main screen.
- next one, Go to the custom tab.
- over here Choose Create Online Lobby.
- Once you are in the dedicated lobby room. Change the game mode to 1v1. You can find this option on the left side of the screen.
- Currently, Click the “+” icon in Team 2 and invite an online friend from your friends list.
- Next, select all the maps you want to play on.
- finally, Click start match.
1 vs 1 local vs friends
- Press the play button on the home screen and Go to the “Custom” tab.
- Choose the Local Play option on the left.
- next one, Click the book icon at the top right to change the match settings.
- over here Set the game mode to 1v1.
- After you’re done, use a second controller to add the second trigger.
- Both players will have to identify their characters.
- Once you have finished start the game.